These Terms and Conditions are applicable to your use of this or any Chemscape web site ("web site" referring to www.chemscape.com or other Chemscape URLs) including registration within the Chemscape learning environment, the taking of any course, downloading and subsequent use of course-related material, or any other part of the Chemscape service offering.
Chemscape may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the amended terms on the web site, which shall constitute notice to you thereof. Except as stated below, all amended terms shall be effective immediately upon such notice.
These Terms and Conditions were last amended on January 01, 2015.
- Registration. In order to purchase a course you agree to register with Chemscape. Part of the registration process requires you to provide a username and password, provide us with certain registration information which must be accurate. You agree to safeguard your password, and not to disclose or transfer your password to others. Chemscape reserves the right to cancel any registration if Chemscape discovers that a password is being used by more than one person or has been given to another person, regardless of whether the other person actually uses it.
- Refund. If you have not started the course and you made an individual purchase on credit card Chemscape will refund the course within 30 days of purchase by contacting Customer Support. Please note that a refund or cancellation will terminate your access to the course.
- Disclaimer. You expressly agree that your use of the web site is at your sole risk. The materials on the web site are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Chemscape makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and Chemscape disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Chemscape makes no warranty that access to the web site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor does Chemscape make any warranty or representation concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this web site.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the web site is done at your own discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from downloading such material.
- Limitation of Liability. THE LIABILITY OF CHEMSCAPE AND ITS ASSOCIATED SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS, AUTHORS AND ADVISORS AND YOUR SOLE REMEDY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, UNDER ANY WARRANTY, IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), IN STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE RETURN OF THE AMOUNT OF THE COURSE PURCHASE FEE PAID BY YOU, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CHEMSCAPE AND ITS ASSOCIATED SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS, AUTHORS AND ADVISORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, EVEN IF CHEMSCAPE AND ITS ASSOCIATED SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS, AUTHORS AND ADVISORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Copyright. The entire content of the web site, in the aggregate, is protected by copyright owned by Chemscape. Portions of the web site may be provided to Chemscape under license. The copying, reproduction, or publication of any part of the web site is prohibited, unless expressly authorized in writing by Chemscape.
You may download material available on the web site for your personal, non-commercial use only. You are responsible for obtaining permission from the copyright owner before reusing any material that is on the web site. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of material from the web site, you will make no changes in or deletion of author, attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading material from the web site.
- Links. Chemscape has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Chemscape of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at your own risk.
- Revisions. Chemscape reserves the sole right to either modify or discontinue the web site, including any features therein at any time with or without notice to you. Chemscape shall not be liable to you or any third party should Chemscape exercise such right. Modifications may include, but are not limited to, changes in the course content and/or fees.
- Termination. You agree that Chemscape may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the web site for any reason, including without limitation, breach of the Terms and Conditions. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be grounds for terminating your access and the activity may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
Should you object to the Terms and Conditions or any subsequent modifications thereto or become dissatisfied with the web site in any way, your only recourse is to immediately: (a) discontinue use of the web site; and (b) notify Chemscape of your termination.
- Governing Law. The laws of the Province of Alberta and the applicable laws of Canada will govern these Terms and Conditions and all related transactions. The parties hereby agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta.
- Acceptance of Terms. BY USING THE WEB SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE WEB SITE.