Wednesday, November 21st, 2018
Checklist on how to prepare your contractors for the WHMIS 2015 deadline
- Communicate to your contractors that their inventory of hazardous products needs to be compliant with WHMIS 2015 requirements. This includes labels and SDSs need to be updated by the November 30, 2018 deadline.
- Contractors should show proof of a hazardous materials management program, meeting the requirements of WHMIS 2015.
- Ensure their products meet your employer’s chemical approval process.
- See proof of contractor training in WHMIS 2015, and in the safe use, storage and disposal of chemicals
- Communicate to contractors your expectations on how chemicals and their containers are disposed of in accordance to your employers’ guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Ensure contractor’s products stored on site for future use abide by WHMIS 2015 requirements.
- Ensure all subcontracted workers also comply with the same standards.